Hour Exam 1 Information
- Date: Friday, October 10
- Place and Time: In class, at the normal
- Format: 40 multiple choice problems and 2
Bonus (or extra credit) problems
- Yourself, well-rested and well-studied
- A #2 pencil
- On the test you will be given numbers or equations (if
any) that you will need. You may not use your book or your class
- Topics included: All material through Extra-Solar Planets
Lecture and reading
material are both included. My goal is to test for understanding
of the concepts we have discussed, and how they fit together.
- Study tips. We have covered a lot of material in a
short time, so here are some tips on how to approach your studies for the
- As noted above, both lecture and reading material can be included.
However, note that topics covered in lecture are an indication of what I
think is the most important material, so these are worth special focus.
- Also, the homework questions have good examples of questions which will
be featured on the exam. An excellent way to begin studying is to review the
homework problems, particularly those you missed (or got right but were not
so sure about). Be sure you understand what the right answer is, and more
importantly, why it is right.
- You will need to understand and be able to use any equations that have
been introduced in class. Calculations using these equations will be kept
simple--it is possible to do the exam without a calculator, but you can
bring one if you wish.
- In-Class Q and A: On Wed., Oct. 8, some time will be allotted in
class to ask questions about material on the exam. For example, if there are
homework answers you do not understand, this would be an excellent time to
ask. To get the most out of this time, you are strongly encouraged to begin
studying prior to this class.
- Out of Class Q and A: On Wed., Oct. 8, I will have an extra office
hour from 10:30-11:30am. On Thur., Oct 9, Justin will have an extra office hour from 4:00-5:00pm.
To get the most out of this time, you are strongly encouraged to
begin studying before going.
Sat Oct 4 10:39:42 CDT 2003